Thursday, February 05, 2009

Being looked after my family...

I meet regularly with 3 friends all of whom are in similar jobs to myself. We meet to study, pray and generally support and encourage one another every half term (ish) and I love it. I am thankful to God for this provision, these girls really are a blessing in my life.

With holiday club in a fortnight one of my prayer requests yesterday was that I would stay 'calm', manage to sleep (in previous years this has not been the case leaving me very tired), and not stress. One of them asked, "Do people in your church offer you meals during this week?" (Her experience was that someone turned up with a meal each night during holiday club week so that she was fed without having to make the effort after a busy day to go round to someone's house and be sociable.) Whilst I know there are a couple of families I could ask to go round and eat with, sometimes you just want to be asked. Before I knew it they had invited themselves round on the 2nd day of holiday club to come and cook for me, and said they would bring meals for the following days! What a blessing it is to be looked after by my family :-)

Whilst I am approaching a very busy time in work, it's not always this busy. There are times when I am available to help others who are having a busy period...a new mum, someone doing exams, the youth worker who's preparing for a weekend away, the vicar who has suddenly had to deal with a pastoral situation, doing the shopping for someone who's sick ...the list is endless.

As I am grateful to God for my family who look after me, I need to remind myself to ask the question how can I look after my family...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home