Well I've finally given in! Yep, I've put my Christmas CD's on. I know, I know it's only November but, what can I say, it makes the packing of boxes a lot more enjoyable :-)
Today has been another manic day. I'm usually off work on a Saturday but because I'm moving next weekend I wanted to try and get ahead a bit. I planned a lie in but when I woke up at 7:30 there was no way I was getting back to sleep so I got up. I did some admin, sent some emails, filed a load of stuff, packed some more boxes by which time it was 3 p.m. and I was still in my pj's. Then it was off to my parents with a load of prep for the school Christmas visits next week. My mum cut out angels, I put the ribbon on the calendars - even my dad helped by separating the angels ready to be cut :-) I now have a 4 year plan for nursery, reception, year 1 and year 2 so that they don't repeat the same activities which means after Christmas we can prepare all the stuff for next year!
Packing is going well. Bookcases are being emptied...
...the hallway is filling with boxes ready to be taken (which is all my work stuff)...
...and the spare room continues to be added too. 
It is fairly likely that this new house I'm going to won't be the last one I live in (unless I buy it off my landlord and live in there for however long I have left on this earth!), so there will come a time when I will have to pack all my stuff again and move on.
Today has been another manic day. I'm usually off work on a Saturday but because I'm moving next weekend I wanted to try and get ahead a bit. I planned a lie in but when I woke up at 7:30 there was no way I was getting back to sleep so I got up. I did some admin, sent some emails, filed a load of stuff, packed some more boxes by which time it was 3 p.m. and I was still in my pj's. Then it was off to my parents with a load of prep for the school Christmas visits next week. My mum cut out angels, I put the ribbon on the calendars - even my dad helped by separating the angels ready to be cut :-) I now have a 4 year plan for nursery, reception, year 1 and year 2 so that they don't repeat the same activities which means after Christmas we can prepare all the stuff for next year!
Packing is going well. Bookcases are being emptied...
However, on my final 'house' move when the Lord calls me home I won't have to wrap a glass, pack a box or find 6 blokes to move all my furniture. I'll just be able to go. And as I'm feeling a bit weary at the moment (although I know it will be well worth it) that makes me smile. But I am also challenged as to why I have so much stuff! I can't take it with me. I came into the world with nothing and that's how I'll depart. Possessions on the final day will be worthless. A good reminder to me to think about what I spend my money on and what I value.
This time next week...

1 Comments:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who sometimes gets to mid-afternoon in her pyjamas!
Post a Comment
<< Home