Friday, November 21, 2008

How to keep going...

Read this from a guy out in Cambodia working with children on the streets...

When I arrived in Cambodia in 1999, I knew nobody, had never been to Asia, and I knew not a single word of the Khmer language. But I had a passion burning in my heart for the chidlren at risk living on the streets. At that time, there were 15 - 20,000 street children. What got me started and kept me going was passion. You can have money, years of training in children's ministry and a big network of Christian friends back home. But if you don't have passion for the poor and the lost you won't last. Money can't buy passion. Passion comes from God. It will get you started and keep you going in the worst of times and in the darkest of places.

What keeps a missionay in a Muslim country for 40 years? Passion. What keeps thousands of Christian workers all over the world learning a hard language day after day? Passion. What moves young people to give up their holiday or a gap year back home to serve on a rubbish dump, a slum or in a refuge camp? Passion.

Why not stop now and pray. Ask God to renew our passion for the work he has given us to do, to go and proclaim his name to the lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home