Friday, January 16, 2009

What makes a home?

I've been living in my new house now for just over a month. And it's fine. It's in a great location for work and it's bigger than my flat so I can have a separate office space and a dining room. But although I like it and it was starting to feel like home it just didn't have the same 'feel' as my flat...there was something about it, and I couldn't work out what...but now I have. It wasn't really feeling like home because I've not had many people round here. I moved in a fortnight before Christmas which is always a busy time, then it was New Year and then I was sick for a week. But yesterday was a great day...a couple from church popped in for a coffee in the morning, then my mum came round in the afternoon - she pottered whilst I worked, then Jen and Erin came for tea. And just having lots of people round made the house feel more like home :-) So do pop in if you're ever in the area...Erin seemed to like the chocolate brownies and ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home