Saturday, April 28, 2007

My 2nd flight of the year

On Thursday I left my house at 10 a.m. I arrived at Liverpool airport at 10:15 a.m. I checked in, went through security, filled in one of those surveys about how I got to the airport, had a quick look round the shops and then boarded the plane at 12 noon ready to take off. Because the plane was so small (one seat, aisle, two seats) I was able to sit near the window and by the aisle which was great as I quite like to look out of the window but hate being hemmed in. We took off at 12:05 p.m. and headed south. After checking with the air hostess that I was okay to use my camera I happily snapped away at the sights below.

We flew over Spaghetti Junction which was so distinct even from well up in the air, don't know if you can make it out from the photos...


I couldn't tell if there was a traffic jam on it but having lived in Birmingham for 8 years, one of those years being in a flat only a mile away from Spaghetti I have spent many an hour sat in traffic there. But onward we flew.

Began to wonder why people would ever want to parachute...I mean the ground is such a long way down! Carmen and Paul (the couple who's wedding I mentioned in the post before this one) are going to skydive over the Grand Canyon when on honeymoon. Why? A few more photos later and we landed at 12:35 p.m. in Southampton airport. Andy was there to pick me up and by 1 p.m. I was in Portsmouth drinking a cup of tea! 200 ish miles in 3 hours door to door for only £60. I'll never be driving to Portsmouth again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ros said...

That's amazing Dawn! And I'm pretty certain there was a traffic jam on Spaghetti Junction.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home