It's been a few days since I last updated so thought I would remedy that situation now!
Since my last post Sarah did come to visit for the night. We walked along Southport pier, had a Chinese, watched 'The Break Up' and talked into the early hours of the morning. Very much a typical 'Dawn & Sarah' evening!
On Tuesday morning I was going into work and Sarah was heading to Wales when I discovered I had a very large nail in my tyre which had caused it to go completely flat. Oh well I thought I'll just use my dad's car today and ask Chris (my mechanic) to come and sort it out, after all I was parked outside his mum's house going nowhere!! But no...Sarah having watched a guy change her flat tyre the week before was convinced that we could change it. So with her confidence and the Ford manuel we began. It took a while to get started as I couldn't find the spare tyre, it wasn't in the boot as expected but on a rack up under the car. Spare tyre out and car jacked up we began to loosen the things on the wheel. Discovered that the tyre had to be on the floor to do that. Jacked the car down. Struggled to loosen the things (I want to call them wheel nuts, is that right????) and then jacked the car back up. Prayed that the car would stay up on the jack. It did. Took off the flat tyre and put on the spare. Put flat tyre in boot, there was no way that we were going to manage to get it back up on the rack, and then headed off to the garage. Wheel stayed on. Impressed the guys in the garage with our tyre changing skills. Bought a new tyre and then came home. Equipped now for any tyre changing emergencies. So much so, I saw a guy changing his tyre on the hard shoulder yesterday and was about to stop and offer my help. But he looked like he knew what he was doing....there was no car manuel in his hand!
So work has been okay this week. Feels like ages ago since I was in America and yet it has only been 2 weeks. Now don't get me wrong I do enjoy my job but I really didn't want to go back last week. Much better this week though. Have started planning for our summer holiday club which promises to be a very exciting time. I'm off work today. I'm trying taking Saturday off as my day off instead of Friday. It's not that I don't like having a Friday off, it's just that I hate having to work on Saturdays!
Joined the gym on Monday and have been a few times this week. It has been a long time since I went. Have forgotten how much better I feel after going.
Since my last post Sarah did come to visit for the night. We walked along Southport pier, had a Chinese, watched 'The Break Up' and talked into the early hours of the morning. Very much a typical 'Dawn & Sarah' evening!
On Tuesday morning I was going into work and Sarah was heading to Wales when I discovered I had a very large nail in my tyre which had caused it to go completely flat. Oh well I thought I'll just use my dad's car today and ask Chris (my mechanic) to come and sort it out, after all I was parked outside his mum's house going nowhere!! But no...Sarah having watched a guy change her flat tyre the week before was convinced that we could change it. So with her confidence and the Ford manuel we began. It took a while to get started as I couldn't find the spare tyre, it wasn't in the boot as expected but on a rack up under the car. Spare tyre out and car jacked up we began to loosen the things on the wheel. Discovered that the tyre had to be on the floor to do that. Jacked the car down. Struggled to loosen the things (I want to call them wheel nuts, is that right????) and then jacked the car back up. Prayed that the car would stay up on the jack. It did. Took off the flat tyre and put on the spare. Put flat tyre in boot, there was no way that we were going to manage to get it back up on the rack, and then headed off to the garage. Wheel stayed on. Impressed the guys in the garage with our tyre changing skills. Bought a new tyre and then came home. Equipped now for any tyre changing emergencies. So much so, I saw a guy changing his tyre on the hard shoulder yesterday and was about to stop and offer my help. But he looked like he knew what he was doing....there was no car manuel in his hand!
So work has been okay this week. Feels like ages ago since I was in America and yet it has only been 2 weeks. Now don't get me wrong I do enjoy my job but I really didn't want to go back last week. Much better this week though. Have started planning for our summer holiday club which promises to be a very exciting time. I'm off work today. I'm trying taking Saturday off as my day off instead of Friday. It's not that I don't like having a Friday off, it's just that I hate having to work on Saturdays!
Joined the gym on Monday and have been a few times this week. It has been a long time since I went. Have forgotten how much better I feel after going.
Spent a lot of time on facebook as well this week. People who I've not heard from in ages have contacted me. It's a little bit bizarre but addictive. I'd recommend it although not if you have an essay to write!
Well nothing else really to tell you...Bex, are you reading this? Ring me. Have spoken to your dad more than you over the past few weeks!
Enjoy the sunshine!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home