Thursday, April 05, 2007

The trip to America...

8 hours later than expected I arrived in Cleveland, extremely tired but glad to be there. Janette was waiting for me at the baggage carousel and thankfully my suitcase had made the connection and also arrived. Not long after I was very grateful to be in bed having said hello to Jon and peered in the crib to see Owen.

And so the holiday began…

It was great being with Janette again as I haven’t seen her since she was home Christmas / New Year 2005. We spent loads of time just chatting away and not just about Owen. It has to be said it does annoy me when all people do is talk about their kids. We went shopping, we ate out, we went for walks, we visited Dairy Queen(the drive thru ice-cream place) on several occasions, we watched films, we went to Bible study and church, we spent some time with Jon’s sister and generally pottered about.


It was great going to Janette and Jon’s Bible study group and meeting other believers. I was made to feel very welcome. When heaven was mentioned I loved it when one guy commented, “It will be awesome hanging out in heaven.” so American!

The next morning I got to meet Owen properly, what an adorable little boy. I just loved spending time with him, especially my morning cuddles. Janette just trusted me with him letting me get him out of his crib, dress him, play with him, get him to sleep and spend loads of time with him.










This is trying to get Owen dressed. It’s not as easy as it looks, he moves about a lot!














But eventually he was all dressed and ready to go.


















Now for those of you who have heard me sing you can testify that I’ll never win the next pop idol contest. However Owen did not seem to mind, my singing successfully sent him to sleep. Janette wants me to send her a CD for those nights when he won’t sleep!













I found having a buggy is very useful especially when you go shopping. I bought some flip flop slippers, crocks (much cheaper in America than in England) and flip flops. You can never have too many pairs of shoes…well maybe you can but I don’t think I’ve reached the “too many” stage yet, unless of course I’m in denial!










Nice, don't you think?
One afternoon we looked through Janette's old photos which brought back many memories. I discovered just how useless Janette is at taking self take photos. Every holiday needs at least one....here's me and Owen. Janette was slightly concerned that I was holding her baby and trying to take a photo at the same time but all seemed to work out okay!!! Owen will soon learn the technique of smiling at the camera!





Well, that's all for now, more photos will no doubt make their way onto this blog after all I did take about 150! Which I think is quite restrained for me...I had bought another memory card for my camera just in case!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janette said...

Why wouldn't I have trusted you Evo? You did a great job wrestling Owen to put his dungarees on. The frustration on you face was priceless. It was great chilling with you too, and you had some great weather!
When's the ext visit, 2009? Should we start an impromtu countdown now? lol

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home