Tuesday, March 13, 2007

For those who are confused...

It came about during a long conversation with Sarah (see below) last night that my last blog entry was rather unclear.















What was the point of the little toys hanging up? Were the hanging toys to do with creation or Noah’s ark? Was there some story in the Bible that involved a rabbit, tortoise, cow, sheep, turtle and duck, complete with mirror? The woman I had described as “a wise woman” in an earlier blog entry was a little confused.

All I was saying was simply a children’s worker has many things to do in a day’s work…kid’s clubs, assemblies, looking after leaders, sorting rotas (and then re-doing them when people’s plans change, all very frustrating!), promoting camps, planning all-age services and washing the little toys which the kids have chewed on during Cheeky Monkeys, our parent and toddler group! I hope that clears up any confusion!

We laughed a lot during our conversation last night.

This memory was simply just too good to keep to myself. A while ago we were playing Articulate (one of the best games ever). It was Sarah’s turn to describe something to her team mates, Helen and Towner. This was the clue she gave them, it was short and sweet, “They speak this language in another country”…..And she was very surprised when they didn’t get it straight away and the rest of us just couldn’t stop laughing.

For those of you trying to work out the answer to the clue just given….Arabic!

I will now refer to Sarah as “the woman who is wise most of the time and makes me laugh a lot!”

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Just to say how delighted I am that our conversations keep you so amused! Thanks for letting the world know how stupid I am! And adding a photo just to make sure there's no danger of people getting the wrong Sarah! What a friend... Xx

5:03 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I am a very good friend....I could have said so much more! :-)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Big Pete said...

Sarah,

The photo is not as helpful as it could be, becasue it doesn't show that you are blond, although the rest of the psot makes that abundantly clear!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Ros said...

Well I'm giggling over here in America (where they don't speak Arabic and where we wouldn't be in Shannon yet, and just in case Mandy's checking, where America is).

11:13 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Pete, I hope that you are not sterotyping blondes in any way...if you are I may not let you leave comments on my blog anymore :-)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I feel a little hurt... but clearly not that much as us blondes are probably a bit thick too hurt (or understand) that much! Nevertheless- thank you one and all. Sometimes I do do intelligent things, it's just that very few people seem to see them- doesn't mean they don't happen!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Big Pete said...

Not blond people in general just those called Sarah (or Mandy, or indeed Dawn!)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I'm giggling away down here in Sydney missing having these conversations face to face!

The world would be a much more sombre place without us blondes.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home