Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm on my way...slowly

Well I'm on my way...I've got as far as Manchester airport and have been delayed for 7 hours. I've been shopping, read 90 pages of my book, played the guess where they're going on their holiday game and now I'm a little bored!

Jen gave my a lift the airport this morning...an absolute star picking me up at 4am, and she was early so as not to freak me out! Got to the airport just before 5 ready for check in and found out there was going to be a lengthy delay as the plane hadn't left New York. Sent me mum and Jen home about 6. And got chatting to the girl behind me in the queue.

Just after 6 our time we found out that the plane had left NY...the people behind me were convinced that if the plane left there at 6 and it was a 7 hour flight because of the 4 hour time difference it would land in Manchester at 9. It took me a good ten mins to try and explain how this wasn't the case, the flight still being a physical 7 hours!!!!

Then I had the very irritate american in the queue before me shouting at the poor check in man. It would have made a good showing for the programme Airport!

Well, that's all for now. Thanks Jen for giving me a lift at that unearthly hour, I owe you lots of babysitting once the baby is born. And Janette, I'll see you in Cleveland hopefully sometime later today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ros said...

Are you there yet?!

And do you have a phone number I can call you on in Ohio?

11:17 PM  
Blogger Bex said...

Was the seven hours on top of your usual three hours earlyness? ;)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home