Strange Superheroes
That's the theme for the Explorer Venture I am going on next week....
The final prep is almost done....I've packed my box of useful bits which includes string, sellotape, marker pens and dice (every camp leader should have a box like that), I've got my superhero costume together for hunt the leader, I'm going as 'super traveller', and I've prepared the Bible studies for dorm times. Now all I need to do is get lots of sleep as 8 - 11 year olds have a huge amount of energy and it's never a good idea to go to camp tired!!!
We're looking at the book of Judges with the children and how God raised up judges to save his people, the perfect 'hero' being Jesus. I love the song 'Jesus is greater than the greatest hero', which we will of course be singing next week.
If you do get a chance next week please do pray for the venture...for fun, a good atmosphere, no homesickness, relationships to be established quickly, safety, but most of all that God would be at work through his word in the hearts and minds of each one of the children. Thanks. I'll update when I get back....
The final prep is almost done....I've packed my box of useful bits which includes string, sellotape, marker pens and dice (every camp leader should have a box like that), I've got my superhero costume together for hunt the leader, I'm going as 'super traveller', and I've prepared the Bible studies for dorm times. Now all I need to do is get lots of sleep as 8 - 11 year olds have a huge amount of energy and it's never a good idea to go to camp tired!!!
We're looking at the book of Judges with the children and how God raised up judges to save his people, the perfect 'hero' being Jesus. I love the song 'Jesus is greater than the greatest hero', which we will of course be singing next week.
If you do get a chance next week please do pray for the venture...for fun, a good atmosphere, no homesickness, relationships to be established quickly, safety, but most of all that God would be at work through his word in the hearts and minds of each one of the children. Thanks. I'll update when I get back....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home