Precious Moment
This morning Grace came to 'Cheeky Monkeys' (parent and toddler group) with her nan. She was holding out her hand to show me something as she arrived. It was covered with yellow slime. She told me she'd picked up a snail and put it back on the grass.
Now of course I was pleased for the snail but didn't really want that hand near me. Then she told me, "God made the snail". Her nan had taken the opportunity to teach her something about God. It was precious to see this little girl declaring the simple truth that God was indeed the creator of that snail.
I was reminded what a privilege I have in my job to work with families teaching these very small children about God.
Now of course I was pleased for the snail but didn't really want that hand near me. Then she told me, "God made the snail". Her nan had taken the opportunity to teach her something about God. It was precious to see this little girl declaring the simple truth that God was indeed the creator of that snail.
I was reminded what a privilege I have in my job to work with families teaching these very small children about God.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home