Monday, March 31, 2008

The grass isn't always greener

I was chatting to a good mate the other day and in conversation she was telling me about her husband who at the moment, for various reasons, is driving her mad. She loves him but it's clear that lately he's been 'doin' her head in'. As she talked on and I listened, I smiled. She looked at me and was like, "I wish I was still single". Marriage is a wonderful, fantastic, God-given thing, but it's not always 'stress free' and at times hard work. The grass isn't always greener...

This got me thinking.....

I am single and life is good.
Would I like to get married? Yes.
Will I get married? I don't know.
God knows what my future holds and I need to trust him with each day. At the moment his plan for me today on 31st March, 2008 is right on schedule, my future is sorted, it's in his hands. Some days, when asking the question, 'Lord, will I ever get married?' it's not always easy to accept that God has my future in hand, but I need to. The devil wants me to think things like, God is cruel for not giving me a husband, that there's something wrong with me, that somehow God loves _____ more than me because he's given them a husband and so on. These are just lies from the devil to make me doubt God.

Today I am thankful for that timely reminder to trust God especially in areas of my life where I sometimes struggle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

Dawn, I wish you wouldn't talk to everyone about conversations you have with Ruth ;)

x

9:37 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

:-)

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home