What next?
Well 'Life & Soul' has finished, but what next?
Just one of the great things about the mission week was spending lots of time with others in the church family...be it setting up for events, praying with others, having conversations with people about the Lord Jesus, washing dishes and clearing away after events. Some of these people I only see once a week at church, and even then I don't get to spend any quality time with them as there is always something that needs dealing with or someone new to talk to....
It was a good reminder that God has placed Christians in a family, not just in their biological families but in another family as well. And this family has been called to go out into the world and tell others the good news of the Lord Jesus. I don't know about you but generally I find this easier to do with the support of Christians who I know well; people who I can share my fears with, who know my weaknesses, who I can bounce ideas off, who I can ask to pray for specific things, who know what's going on in with the rest of my life and so on.
We generally make time to spend with our biological families but not always our brothers and sisters in Christ. This is something I need to change in my life. Hebrews 10 v 24 - 25 says this, "Let us spur one another on towards love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching"
I need to work hard to make time to spend with my family, and one of the best ways I know to spend time with people is inviting them round for meals - people have to eat! Spending time with them will mean I get to know them better, be able to spur them on, and encourage them to keep going as we wait (actively) for the Lord Jesus to return in glory. Likewise I will be spurred on and encouraged by them. Together we will then be more effective for the Lord Jesus.
So tonight I am excited to be spending time with some of the girls from church, eating pizza and chocolate brownies, watching a film and getting to know them better.
Just one of the great things about the mission week was spending lots of time with others in the church family...be it setting up for events, praying with others, having conversations with people about the Lord Jesus, washing dishes and clearing away after events. Some of these people I only see once a week at church, and even then I don't get to spend any quality time with them as there is always something that needs dealing with or someone new to talk to....
It was a good reminder that God has placed Christians in a family, not just in their biological families but in another family as well. And this family has been called to go out into the world and tell others the good news of the Lord Jesus. I don't know about you but generally I find this easier to do with the support of Christians who I know well; people who I can share my fears with, who know my weaknesses, who I can bounce ideas off, who I can ask to pray for specific things, who know what's going on in with the rest of my life and so on.
We generally make time to spend with our biological families but not always our brothers and sisters in Christ. This is something I need to change in my life. Hebrews 10 v 24 - 25 says this, "Let us spur one another on towards love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching"
I need to work hard to make time to spend with my family, and one of the best ways I know to spend time with people is inviting them round for meals - people have to eat! Spending time with them will mean I get to know them better, be able to spur them on, and encourage them to keep going as we wait (actively) for the Lord Jesus to return in glory. Likewise I will be spurred on and encouraged by them. Together we will then be more effective for the Lord Jesus.
So tonight I am excited to be spending time with some of the girls from church, eating pizza and chocolate brownies, watching a film and getting to know them better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home