Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What Oak Hill didn't equip me for!

Help wanted as after three years training at Oak Hill, I have no idea how to deal with this problem....

Mice!!!

I have an office in the church and work from there most days. A few weeks ago I saw a mouse in the church lounge. I screamed (did you really expect me to remain quiet!) and then rang my vicar, who actually wasn't much help (but he also trained at Oak Hill)

Now you can buy this plug in things that emit an ultra sonic sound which is above human and dogs/cats hearing range but which mice find intolerable so move to a new area. Great plan I thought, and bought not one, but five plug in things and dotted them around the church. My plan was to get rid of all mice from the church and hopefully Tranmere.

But then today totally unexpected a mouse ran up the aisle in front of me. What do I do next? All suggestions gratefully received!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ros said...

Traps. Poison. Death to all rodents.

You could try finding a piper of the pied variety.

Or rejoice in the goodness of God's creation or something.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Cheers for the suggestions Ros, I'm thinking suggestion 2 is the more humane - drown them in the River Mersey. Anyone know any pipers?

4:30 PM  
Blogger Bex said...

Beautiful little, tiny, helpless church mice. Friends to Aslan. Created by God. Preached to by St.Francis (probably). Saved by Noah. Golden companions of the Ark of the Covenant (1samuel).

2:02 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

You need to keep one room where you don't have a plug in thing, to give the mice a safe area to go to ... then you set traps in that nice safe place, and the problem is solved!

2:19 AM  
Blogger Ros said...

Sneaky, Mandy. I like it!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home