Sunday, July 16, 2006

Fig trees


This is a fig tree! The reason I know this is because Bex told me when we were away on holiday. In fact, she points out and names most plants and flowers for me. I have got the 'I look like I'm listening but in fact I'm not really paying any attention to you' look almost to perfection!!! However, being on holiday I felt like I should pay more attention to the beautiful surroundings so I did. The exciting thing is whenever I've read about Jesus cursing the fig tree I've always wondered what a fig tree looks like. Now I know. Cheers Bex (that doesn't mean that plants are now the most interesting thing in my life and I want to watch gardening programmes with you, or worst still go accompany you on your trips to the garden centres. At what age do you start going to garden centres? I'm coming up to 30, does that mean I will have to start going soon?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Bex said...

Yes, all these things happen when you hit 30 Dawn! You too will find garden centres irrisistable, you'll begin to collect scone receipes, potter about aimlessly in the mornings and listen to radio 2 openly! Make the most of your last two days!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Hi Dawn, just came across your blog through a link from Joey's blog that I presume Bek did. Please don't listen to Rebekah. She is not the norm (as I am sure you are well aware) in any way shape or form and so discard her advice immediately. Although I am way way way off 30 (ahem) I have it on good authority that you can avoid both garden centres and Radio 2 until at least 40. Having said that I was actually at a garden centre myself this weekend with the husband - who is also in the 30 gang - and have recently made scones (unsuccessfully)... But I do not listen to radio 2 and I definitely do not potter aimlessly! 2 small boys prohibit this activity completely! Anyway I do hope you are well and congrats on finishing uni. Lots of love, Hannah x
(Bek's very very young sister in law)
Happy birthday too!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ros said...

I have been going to garden centres since I was 24. And, despite not having had my own garden for 5 years, I still regularly listen to Gardeners Question Time on Radio 4 - because you never know when it'll come in handy!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Bex said...

Lupins and fox-gloves!!!!!!!! Ros is my only consolation! So what time is gardeners question time on?

8:07 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Bex I hve warned you this blog is NOT for you and Ros to discuss gardening in any shape or form.
Lucy you just have to be firm with Bex when she wants to drag you round places where you don't want to go.
And Hannah, I'm relying on you to educate Bex now I no longer live in the area. Without it she'll be doing what 60 year olds do within the next few years!!!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home