1500 miles in a week
London to Liverpool, Blackpool for the day, another day in Manchester, over to Sheffield, from there to Cornwall and back and then finally back to London all in a week! A bit crazy but good fun.
I spent a few nights at home in Liverpool and realised just how much I like that place, which is a good job as I am going back to live there. Some things that I like:
I like the fact that my neighbours all know me and talk to me outside the house.
I like that shop assistants and people on the bus talk to you.
I like that I don't have to travel on the M25 to get anywhere.
I like that a traffic jam in Liverpool consists of about 10 cars in front of you.
I like that people understand me and I don't have to keep repeating myself.
I like that there is no misunderstanding over meals, everyone has breakfast, dinner and tea there.
I like that I've still got mates who live in the area.
I like that my parents live there. They are turning into one of those cute little old couples who potter about together and have their own little routines, although I don't like that I have to eat tea at 5.30 pm. They make me smile.
And I get to live there for the next few years at least :-) How good is that.
The trip to Cornwall was for a friend's wedding. Cornwall is far. I think every caravan in the country was heading down there. I didn't have to drive and we went in convoy with some other mates and tried to make the journey as fun as possible, although I wasn't up for the changing car game, I had visions of being left on the A30. They said they wouldn't leave me but I didn't want to risk it!
Pippa (the bride) looked lovely. The service was nice, formal in the appropriate parts and then relaxed in others. They had their reception in a hotel in Penzance which again was lovely. All in all a very pleasant day.
Would like to post some photos on here but my universal card reader, which the man in Jessops assured me worked in any computer, does not seem to want to work, very frustrating!
I spent a few nights at home in Liverpool and realised just how much I like that place, which is a good job as I am going back to live there. Some things that I like:
I like the fact that my neighbours all know me and talk to me outside the house.
I like that shop assistants and people on the bus talk to you.
I like that I don't have to travel on the M25 to get anywhere.
I like that a traffic jam in Liverpool consists of about 10 cars in front of you.
I like that people understand me and I don't have to keep repeating myself.
I like that there is no misunderstanding over meals, everyone has breakfast, dinner and tea there.
I like that I've still got mates who live in the area.
I like that my parents live there. They are turning into one of those cute little old couples who potter about together and have their own little routines, although I don't like that I have to eat tea at 5.30 pm. They make me smile.
And I get to live there for the next few years at least :-) How good is that.
The trip to Cornwall was for a friend's wedding. Cornwall is far. I think every caravan in the country was heading down there. I didn't have to drive and we went in convoy with some other mates and tried to make the journey as fun as possible, although I wasn't up for the changing car game, I had visions of being left on the A30. They said they wouldn't leave me but I didn't want to risk it!
Pippa (the bride) looked lovely. The service was nice, formal in the appropriate parts and then relaxed in others. They had their reception in a hotel in Penzance which again was lovely. All in all a very pleasant day.
Would like to post some photos on here but my universal card reader, which the man in Jessops assured me worked in any computer, does not seem to want to work, very frustrating!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home