A quick update...
It has been a while since I've blogged so I thought I would quickly update you on what's been going on...
Job is still going okay. I'm now in my 2nd year there and have learnt a lot this past year. Doing lots of things in schools which is great fun.
I am finally moving out of my parents house. When I moved back there last September it was meant to be for a couple of months. However, due to various reasons I have been there 15 months! My mum and dad have been great putting up with me but it was never going to be easy me living there any length of time. I have lived away from home for the past 11 years.
I am going to rent my friend's flat who is off to Africa to work with a missionary organisation. The flat is lovely and I am so looking forward to living there. I have never lived on my own before so hope it will be okay. I do have a spare bedroom so all visitors welcome! I'm actually moving my stuff tomorrow, I have come to the conclusion that my parent's house is the tardis as I keep finding things that belongs to me. How can one person accumulate so much stuff!!! I move in on the 7th December...forget unpacking boxes it's just in time to put up the Christmas tree!!!
Some of you may know that I was off to visit Ros in America on 17th October for a week. Very sadly I had to cancel my trip. The day before my dad delevoped a huge lump in his stomach which a scan showed were blood clots and needed to be removed immediately. Because of his heart failure being under anaesthetic for a couple of hours was going to make it a high risk op. During the op he did have a cardiac arrest and had to be resusitated. The surgeons spoke to us afterwards and said they were going to bring him round to recovery but if he had another arrest they would not resusitate again. They way they spoke was very clear that this was serious and they didn't expect him to actually recover.
BUT what do 3 consultants know!!!!! My dad did come round although in a lot of pain, he spent a week on the coronary care unit and is due to come home from hospital this afternoon. Despite the emotional rollercoaster me and my mum have been on we are thankful to God for this unexpected recovery.
I have since rearranged my trip to America and was going to go around Jan / Feb time thinking Ros would be very busy before Christmas. But as she finishes her exams early December I am going out on the 11th. I am excited but a little nervous about getting too excited! Although I'm not sure if Ros has completely thought this through...I LOVE going to America and I LOVE Christmas. America around Christmas is going to be twice as exciting!!!!
Hope you are all well. Sorry for my lack of contact for the past few weeks.
Have a good weekend xxx
Job is still going okay. I'm now in my 2nd year there and have learnt a lot this past year. Doing lots of things in schools which is great fun.
I am finally moving out of my parents house. When I moved back there last September it was meant to be for a couple of months. However, due to various reasons I have been there 15 months! My mum and dad have been great putting up with me but it was never going to be easy me living there any length of time. I have lived away from home for the past 11 years.
I am going to rent my friend's flat who is off to Africa to work with a missionary organisation. The flat is lovely and I am so looking forward to living there. I have never lived on my own before so hope it will be okay. I do have a spare bedroom so all visitors welcome! I'm actually moving my stuff tomorrow, I have come to the conclusion that my parent's house is the tardis as I keep finding things that belongs to me. How can one person accumulate so much stuff!!! I move in on the 7th December...forget unpacking boxes it's just in time to put up the Christmas tree!!!
Some of you may know that I was off to visit Ros in America on 17th October for a week. Very sadly I had to cancel my trip. The day before my dad delevoped a huge lump in his stomach which a scan showed were blood clots and needed to be removed immediately. Because of his heart failure being under anaesthetic for a couple of hours was going to make it a high risk op. During the op he did have a cardiac arrest and had to be resusitated. The surgeons spoke to us afterwards and said they were going to bring him round to recovery but if he had another arrest they would not resusitate again. They way they spoke was very clear that this was serious and they didn't expect him to actually recover.
BUT what do 3 consultants know!!!!! My dad did come round although in a lot of pain, he spent a week on the coronary care unit and is due to come home from hospital this afternoon. Despite the emotional rollercoaster me and my mum have been on we are thankful to God for this unexpected recovery.
I have since rearranged my trip to America and was going to go around Jan / Feb time thinking Ros would be very busy before Christmas. But as she finishes her exams early December I am going out on the 11th. I am excited but a little nervous about getting too excited! Although I'm not sure if Ros has completely thought this through...I LOVE going to America and I LOVE Christmas. America around Christmas is going to be twice as exciting!!!!
Hope you are all well. Sorry for my lack of contact for the past few weeks.
Have a good weekend xxx

1 Comments:
It's all right, Dawn. I have a secret stash of tranqillisers that I'll be slipping into your breakfast every morning!!!
I'm so glad that you're going to be able to move out soon. And then you'll be coming to America. And then it'll be Christmas. December's going to be quite a month!
Post a Comment
<< Home