Thursday, August 02, 2007

A mad couple of months!!!

Well it has been a mad couple of months...life has been very, very busy and there have been both very difficult times and times of great joy. But I can truly testify to God's love, comfort and sustaining throughout it all.

Many of you will know that back in June my dad was in hospital with fluid on the lungs (a problem which he's had before). He'd been in for a fortnight and was due to come home. I was away in London on the WEC camp leader's training weekend when I got a call from my mum on the Saturday lunchtime. My dad had taken a turn for the worse during the night and the consultant had advised my mum to get me home asap. The prayer as I drove home was that I wouldn't be too late. I can't really remember much about that journey but I did get there fairly quickly. He was very, very poorly and the doctors told us that he wouldn't make it through the night. By the Monday morning he had been taken off all medication, given pain relief and we spent 9 days camped at the hospital waiting for the worse. A very, very difficult time. I spent a lot of time doing sudoko puzzles and reading magazines! I did, however, read something worthwhile, "Don't waste your life" by John Piper...a thought provoking, challenging but very encouraging read. I would certainly recommend it. Me and my mum were truly thankful for the many texts, cards and phone calls from loving friends and family.

The following Monday when the consultant came round again he was surprised to see my dad. They did some blood tests and amazingly there were some signs of improvement. They tried him on some medication and he responded. That was 3 and a bit weeks ago. Since then there have been daily improvements, lots of work with the physio and they are planning to send him home next Tuesday, which is such wonderful news. It wasn't God's time for him yet!!!

So with my dad much better I am off to WEC camp on Saturday for a week. I then have a week's annual leave and then I'm off to Ashville 3 camp for a week. I will update my blog more then about camp and all the other bits that have been going on including spending a week as a zookeeper!

Go well, and I hope you're having a great summer whatver you are up to!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ros said...

That's great news about your dad, Dawn. Good to hear about all the other things you're up to as well.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Praying he is continuing to recover well and that you've had a good break as well.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home