How brave am I?
Today me and John (mate who came down to Portsmouth with me as he also knows Debs and Andy) went to Portsmouth's GunWharf Quay and went up the Spinnaker Tower.
At 170m it is quite big and you can see for miles. Now I'm not terrified of heights but I'm always a little dubious when I'm so far off the floor. John was disappointed that the external lift was not working, however, I was not. The views were spectacular, and it was a nice clear day so you could see the Isle of Wight (where I have had some amazing holidays). Ros you would have absolutely hated it!! Memories of our day out in London are flooding back :-)
On the viewing deck there is a glass floor. John took his shoes off and was happily walking back and forth over this glass, assuring me that at 6 cm thick it was perfectly safe. I took my shoes off and after a lot of persuasion, from both John and the little old ladies also walking over it, and the reassurance that if the worse did happen I would be off to heaven, I ventured slowly out onto the glass. I even took one of my hands off the rail long enough to take a photo. Evidence will be posted at a later date.
Then feeling rather pleased with how brave I was decided that enough was enough and it was time to get our feet back on solid ground and off we went for lunch in Zizzi.
At 170m it is quite big and you can see for miles. Now I'm not terrified of heights but I'm always a little dubious when I'm so far off the floor. John was disappointed that the external lift was not working, however, I was not. The views were spectacular, and it was a nice clear day so you could see the Isle of Wight (where I have had some amazing holidays). Ros you would have absolutely hated it!! Memories of our day out in London are flooding back :-)
On the viewing deck there is a glass floor. John took his shoes off and was happily walking back and forth over this glass, assuring me that at 6 cm thick it was perfectly safe. I took my shoes off and after a lot of persuasion, from both John and the little old ladies also walking over it, and the reassurance that if the worse did happen I would be off to heaven, I ventured slowly out onto the glass. I even took one of my hands off the rail long enough to take a photo. Evidence will be posted at a later date.
Then feeling rather pleased with how brave I was decided that enough was enough and it was time to get our feet back on solid ground and off we went for lunch in Zizzi.

1 Comments:
I'm getting all tense and shivery just reading about the glass floor! Brave girl.
Post a Comment
<< Home