Friday, July 30, 2010

A new season

Well I finished my job on Wednesday which was a mad day. Spent it visiting lots of people from church to deliver things. There are a few jobs that I planned to do and wanted to do before I finished but never did. And it's not because I took it easy these past few weeks either...there was so much to do.

So come 5:30 on Wed I headed to the Forsythes for my tea and once I'd handed Devi and Grace the stuff they needed I was finished. It was good to be there as it gave me that definite cut off, otherwise I think I would have carried on working well into the night. It felt like a load had been lifted.

Yesterday I went to Keswick with Grace. She'd been there last week helping on the Abide team, which I also did last year. We had a great day. Spent most of it in Costa catching up with lots of lovely people. Then an unexpected tea meeting with Mel was fab. The evening meeting in the main tent was really challenging. It was all about mission. A guy who I'd heard speak years ago on warrior camp was being interviewed. He is a missionary in a really tough country in Africa. A country where not only are there the practical challenges but where it's dangerous to be a Christian. He shared last night how he'd prayed when he was 25, something along the lines of, "Wherever you want me to go Lord, I'll go, whatever you want me to do, I'll do." And God showed him very clearly where he was meant to go. I think the challenge is, am I willing to pray that prayer? I have one life. How can I be the most useful to God? I am going to re-read John Piper's book, 'Don't waste your life' to help me just think through that challenge.....

Today I had all good intentions of blitzing the house. It's needed to be done for weeks but just been too busy to do it. However, I was just too tired. I think all what's gone on over the past couple of months is now catching up with me. Maybe tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home