Always look on the bright side...
Well for any of you who are my friends on facebook and take note of status updates you will have noticed that this past week I've been suffering with horrendous toothache. Not a little ache. But pain that's been constant and enough to wake me up from sleep every half hour. This has meant I've not been able to concentrate on anything, have been miserable and am absolutely shattered but have I gained anything.....
1. I love diet coke. I probably drink at least one glass a day. And it probably would be fair to say that I am addicted to the caffeine in it. I've always said that one day I would ween myself off it as it can't be good for you. Well this week I've given it up. Just didn't want to drink fizzy stuff as I thought it would hurt more. When my mouth is better I'm sure I'll go back and drink it again but not in the sort of quantities I have done. Now that's a good thing :-)
2. Toothache is good for calorie consumption. As in I've hardly eaten anything. What I have eaten has been good food - no chocolate, no biscuits, no ice-cream, no crisps and so on. And because I'm so scared that this toothache will come back I think I have been put off sugary foods. I just don't want to have to see the dentist because I need a filling. Another good thing.
3. It's made me so thankful to God. He promises in the Bible that in the new creation ( that's when Jesus returns to earth and takes all those who love him to be with him forever) there will be no more pain (Revelation 21 v4), and that will be for all eternity. This last week although has at times felt like forever is just a drop in the ocean of all eternity. And I can enjoy all eternity because of what the Lord Jesus did for me. And that's the best thing ever.
So although horrendous at times there's always a bright side...sometimes you just have to look for it.
P.S. I'm still planning to marry a dentist :-)
1. I love diet coke. I probably drink at least one glass a day. And it probably would be fair to say that I am addicted to the caffeine in it. I've always said that one day I would ween myself off it as it can't be good for you. Well this week I've given it up. Just didn't want to drink fizzy stuff as I thought it would hurt more. When my mouth is better I'm sure I'll go back and drink it again but not in the sort of quantities I have done. Now that's a good thing :-)
2. Toothache is good for calorie consumption. As in I've hardly eaten anything. What I have eaten has been good food - no chocolate, no biscuits, no ice-cream, no crisps and so on. And because I'm so scared that this toothache will come back I think I have been put off sugary foods. I just don't want to have to see the dentist because I need a filling. Another good thing.
3. It's made me so thankful to God. He promises in the Bible that in the new creation ( that's when Jesus returns to earth and takes all those who love him to be with him forever) there will be no more pain (Revelation 21 v4), and that will be for all eternity. This last week although has at times felt like forever is just a drop in the ocean of all eternity. And I can enjoy all eternity because of what the Lord Jesus did for me. And that's the best thing ever.
So although horrendous at times there's always a bright side...sometimes you just have to look for it.
P.S. I'm still planning to marry a dentist :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home