Update...
The past few weeks have been really busy but lots of fun. I spent half term with 55 kids (8-11 year olds) and a bunch of leaders at the Quinta centre for 5 days. "Quinta Investigates" was the theme....investigating the evidence for the resurrection. Did Jesus really rise from the dead? And what difference does that make? I love being involved in camps. They are hard work, but so, so worth it. Quinta is going to split next year to allow more kids to come - it books up really quickly and there wasn't enough places this year (or in previous years) to meet the demand. So whilst I'm on the subject...let me ask you...what are you up to next May half term? Are you able to give 5 days to help on camp? If you have some time, love Jesus and want to tell kids about him then get in touch.
Fantastic teaching on Luke 15 - 18 and good times getting to know church family better. Sunday morning is always really busy and I find although you speak to people you don't really have the time to get to know them. On a weekend away, you have plenty of time...over meals, when sitting in the garden, playing tennis, playing games and so on. Am already looking forward to the next one!
We arrived home from Quinta at midday on the Friday, then it was a quick turn around before heading off to Conwy for our church weekend away.
This weekend I headed down to Oxford for Foremarke 3's camp training weekend. Until this weekend summer camp isn't really on my radar. But after spending time with other leaders thinking about the teaching, the theme, activities and praying through all aspects of camp, camp is in now definitely in my thinking and I am looking forward to it. I was particulary challenged on the weekend about praying for camp. Epaphras 'wrestled' in prayer for the Colossians (Col 4:12). I need to do the same for those coming to camp.
Not much development on the plans for September. I am going to Tamworth next week to look at a few flats. Taking Bex with me - although I'm not sure her criteria and mine are the same!!! :-) Looking forward to being close to friends that are still living in Tamworth and B'ham area.
In the process of starting to pack up things here. I've got a whole load of stuff to take up to church, I'm cataloguing things so that people know what resources are available. It's a big job! I finish at church in just over 5 weeks time. A very wise friend of mine advised finishing at the end of July so I that I would be 'free' over August. I wondered about this for a while as although having the time off would be great, I had to weigh that up against not being paid for a month, but in the end I made the decision to just go for it. At first I wasn't that convinced that I'd need that time, but now I am so thankful that I will have finished by August. I'll go to camp, help with a holiday club and use the rest of the time to catch up with friends, read (I have sooooo many books that I've bought over the past few years but never got round to reading), relax and 'get ready' for the next season of my life.
I've also started to take a few things over to my parents. As I'm only going to be in Tamworth for a year (the job is to cover a maternity post) then it's not worth taking everything with me. I'll be back at my parents at weekends anyway so if I need anything it won't be too difficult to get to.
Emotionally I've got mixed feelings about leaving. I know I'm doing the right thing. And I am excited about going back into the classroom. I have a complete peace that this is the right school. (This was the only school outside of the North West that I applied to and I asked God to shut the door if it wasn't where He wanted me. He didn't shut the door, so although the whole living away during the week might not sound ideal, God thinks it's a good idea.) I found out today which year group I will definitely be having and know the classroom I am going into is the one I spent a week in back in April. However, I am sad too. I did my last whole school assembly in one of my schools last week. I'll miss doing them. Over the next few weeks as clubs / groups come to an end there will be more goodbyes. It's also a bit strange as the church are looking for someone to replace me. I know that is right for them to do and am praying that God will bring the right person along but it just feels a bit 'weird'. I remember when the head told me they'd appointed someone to take over my teaching job when I was leaving to go to Oak Hill - I cried! What I do know though is despite how I'm feeling about things I can trust God for the next step :-)
Well should sign off now. Sunrise is meant to be at 4:58 a.m. tomorrow - I anticipate being awake not long after!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home