Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sunday School Leader's Agreement

A few people have asked me recently for this so thought I'd post it on here. Just to say this is not something I came up with but came across when I was helping with the Sunday School at Holy Trinity Church, Lyonsdown. Thought it was a really good idea so am now using it with leaders at my church. (I have adapted it slightly)

It's so important that leaders know what is expected of them and what they are commiting to. Also it's good for people, especially parents, to know that we don't just let 'anybody' help in Sunday school.

'Little Acorns' Leader’s Agreement

Every “Little Acorn” leader and helper** must be a Christian and is asked to sign the following declaration:

· I am trusting in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour
· I undertake to teach children placed in my charge about the Lord Jesus and to seek to lead them to trust Him for themselves.
· I will work loyally with my vicar, children’s worker and one another.
· I will seek to grow as a Christian through regular personal Bible reading and prayer.
· I will seek to be fed by the church’s regular Bible teaching; I agree to listen to recordings of the sermons I have missed because of my “Little Acorn” commitments. When possible I will attend the evening service.
· I will pray regularly for the children entrusted to my care.
· I will attend the 10:30 a.m. prayer meeting to commit the morning’s activities to the Lord.
· When possible I will attend the monthly prayer meeting.
· I will make it a priority to take part in appropriate training and development programmes; the annual 3rd Pig training day and in-house training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home